4 January 2015

My New Rating System

Hi again!! Two announcements in a day! I have a very good feeling about this year :D

You may have noticed in my reviews [that is if you check them out. If you don't read my reviews..I mean why not? New Year is a good time to try new things ;)] that I do not rate any of the books I read. It's because I do not believe in the star or number rating system. I mean how can you tell the difference between a book that 3 stars and another that's 3.5? I never figured it out. 

But, recently I've been getting a lot of requests to review books and well, you can't review a book for someone and not rate it.  

Also, I want to be unique in the way I review books. I believe that we can all agree that there are millions of book blogs out there and some of them which have better & more content than my baby blog (We'll get there pooky bear, soon, very soon). 

I want to stand out and make my blog better than it was last year. I think, you as my readers deserve that.


Food and booksSo, I gave a lot of thought and came up with my own rating system.

I decided to combine two things that I love.......... Food (I'm a huge foodie!) and Books :D






(This  list is in a Descending Order)

This is the highest rating I will give a book. It means the book is original, intriguing, interesting, a treat to read, has awesome plot, wonderful characters etc., I had a blast with it and I'm basically telling you to read it Right Now!




The book was a fabulous read. It has wonderful wonderful plot, characters and premise. The negatives were so minor you could dust it off. I would recommend this to you! It's a solid first book and I will definitely continue with the series.


It was a good and enjoyable book. It had some negatives that brought the book down by a notch. I will continue to read the series if I liked the premise and think it had potential.






Stale describes the book perfectly..meh... It lacked in almost everything and I was bored off my ass when I read the book & may have dozed off at some parts. I wouldn't continue with the series.




This is the lowest rating I can give a book. It was so horrible, I felt like I was in a Saw movie trap. Also, the book may have certainly made me consider going to anger management classes. 


That's it folks! This is my new rating system. I hope you like it!


What do you think about my new rating system and also, share your thoughts on the star or number rating system? Comment and Let me Know! Please share your thoughts!
Thank You for Reading :)
Until next post,
Logo







6 comments:

  1. I really like your new system (especially the pictures!) I think that the star rating system is a bit overrated. I do not use it because a 5 star book to me might mean something completely different to someone else.
    Also, I nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Congratulations! Here is the link to the instructions http://4evercrazyforya.blogspot.com/2015/01/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html
    I hope you will accept the award!
    Tessa @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I know right! I always get confused with the star rating system and you're right, it is overused! :/
      WOW! Thank You!!!! I'll do it!! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow this rating system is awesome :D I use stars but have an explanation thing in the sidebar because they're often different to others. Everyone's varies though, as they should I think

    Most recent post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-taylor-swift-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! :D
      Yeah, I think your explanation is good for the stars. Reading it, I could understand what each star means according to you! There are some people who don't explain it when they use it, cause they think that stars are such a common rating system. But, as you've said, they mean different things for different people!
      Ooh! Taylor Swift Book tag!!!!!!! GOTTA CHECK IT OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hello love!!
    I noticed that you asked me how to do the GIF tag. :) Basically, you just take the books that I've picked and you put a GIF with them. If you HAVE read the book, just put a GIF about how it made you feel... if you HAVE NOT, simply put a GIF that describes how you feel when you read the title. Then, just put your own books below and tag people to do the same. Thanks!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Okay! Thanks Sarah! I feel dumb for not knowing that LOL

      Delete

Hello *waving* I love hearing from you guys, but as we can't see each other face to face and talk, we'll just have to make do with our keyboards! So, the keys are all yours! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
MS2